Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I am getting a Netbook is about a week and a few days.

I am going to get a Netbook. I originally was checking out the Asus models at PcCyber a local small chain computer and parts store. In fact, this store was where I first saw these Netbooks and I first saw them on their website. I surfed ebay numerous times looking at the Asus models. Now two articles have come and gone in Linux journal covering first, the Acer Netbook and its Linux compatibility, and now this past month the Dell Mini 9 was covered in a more general product review. I was already going ahead with the purchase of the Dell Mini 9 before I bought this month's issue and read the review.

So here are the made to order specs of the Dell Mini 9 I am getting. N270 1.6 Ghz Atom processor with 2 GB 667 Mhz RAM, 64 GB solid state drive, cherry red in colour, with 1.3 Mega pixel built in web cam, Bluetooth, wireless G connections, and that is about it, I think. I have two cases for it already shipped and received. It will fit in a coat pocket and also fit in a small shoulder bag I have. It should be cool. It will be here by next Monday, but I am hoping it arrives early on Friday the 13th. Have Netbook will travel, to paraphrase the old science fiction master.

That is strange; my last computer was fully built on Remembrace day and this next one possibly arrives on Friday the 13th.

No comments: