The Windows XP install worked and I updated the system using Windows Update
Now I am installing the drivers for the motherboard.
- an Intel Chipset Inf Update Program, now at version 188.8.131.526,
- a high definition audio driver that is a SoundMax ADI1988B Audio Driver version 184.108.40.20680,
- a Marvell 61xx SATA RAID Driver version 220.127.116.11,
- and finally a Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Driver version 18.104.22.168
Now I am installing motherboard applications. These include
- a Marvell Yukon VCT application version 22.214.171.124
- ASUS AI Gear version 1.00.16
- ASUS AI Nap version
At this point the machine would not start Windows anymore so I am forced to reinstall Windows and this time not install so much stuff from the ASUS disk. This time I will not install the raid driver or applications. Hopefully this time I do not loose windows. I will also install the few drivers that I will install first then do a Windows Update. Strike one to ASUS.
I want to have the system up and running by 9:00 PM when I can play Eve Online again with the new expansion and hopefully in premium mode with advanced graphics.