Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I am trying out the new RSS channels beta on the avantgo web site. The avantgo web site loads web pages onto my palm using my computer's internet connection. It could also download these web pages with avantgo and a wireless connection but this would cost more from the wireless company because the downloads from news services through avantgo would change everyday and the size of total downloads are metered at the wireless company. I am limited to about 2 MB per month which is fine for using the Palm for email only and only email from my low traffic school email address. But downloading web pages would be too expensive at 10$ per MB. But I added rss feeds from two of my blogs and put them on the palm with the USB cradle hotsync and so I will test those out on the palm today as I travel around on the bus.

No comments: