Saturday, April 12, 2008

Slowly installing the media wiki on the Debian Linux IBM Thinkcentre

I have not been using Linux much. I did start Apache2 last week and downloaded Mediawiki and started MySQL. I used KPackage to install all of these. Yesterday before school but after work I followed the instructions to get PHP5 to allow MySQL. I did need again to change permissions to edit a file. I had to go as far as using a root terminal to get chmod to work on the file. I edited with vi and then chmoded the file back. I expanded the media wiki software in the var/www folder and stopped.

I have been using the media wiki quite a bit on the Macbook for my study organisation. I have also been using LATeX much more and have learned to use BibTeX now.

For fun I have been playing Eve Online.

I must focus on school work now so tinkering will have to be put on the back burner for a week or so because it takes a lot of time to do.

No comments: